Floor plans are an important step when renting a storage unit, without a plan all your stuff will get shoved into the unit and you will have to sort through it when trying to find your decorations for Valentine’s Day or your presents for Christmas. We offer storage units as small as a 5×10, all the way up to the size of 12×36, but our most common sizes are 10x10s, 10x20s, and 10x30s. When planing your floor plan, we recommend using four stakes and tying a string between them to give you an idea of the size. Don’t forget to accommodate for the door when placing items inside.
How Often Will You Visit Your Unit?
First things first is figuring out how easily you will need to get your stuff.
- frequent and important, leave a walkway to get to the back of your unit and place more frequently needed items near the door
- not as frequent access, you can probably manage with a smaller unit that is packed a bit fuller
- easier to reach and see items
- stack higher so the unit will hold more
What’s In My Unit Again and Where’s It At?
If you want to be able to get into your storage unit and get back out quick and easy, you should remember what’s inside and where it is at inside your unit.
- number your boxes
- take photos or list what’s inside each box
- take photos where your stuff is in the unit
- draw out where everything in the unit is located